|Stella Matutina Alumni Association is one of the very active wings of the College. The alumni have contributed significantly to the growth in the stature of SMCE and for making known its reputation as a college providing quality teacher education. The Alumni Association conducts meetings and holds an annual get-together for all the members. A separate room is allotted for Alumni Association which has a computer, printer, the necessary furniture and a cupboard to stock the Alumni Registers.|
Several formal and informal interactions are planned for future. Your help and suggestions are requested to further the activities of the Alumni Association.
Dr. Mrs. Alma Juliet Pamela is the coordinator of the SMCE Alumni Association. Please feel free to send your suggestions and comments to Dr.Mrs.J.Ezhisai Vallabi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Goals and Objectives
- To encourage the present day students to become effective teachers by organizing seminars, workshops and National Conferences.
- To bring together the ex-students of the college as often as possible for their mutual benefit and for the benefit of the college.
- To create funds and augment them for
- Helping needy pupils
- Honoring teachers for the institution.
- Promoting Education.
- Carrying on Social Welfare Activities.
- To co-operate with other Association in the larger interest of education.
Office Bearers of the Alumni Association
|The Alumni Association functions with the following office bearers.|
|Patron :||Dr.Sr.Ruby Alangara Mary
|President :||Mrs.Seema Ramachandran|
|Vice-President :||Mrs.B.Angel Sahaya Reega|
|President :||Dr.Mrs.Alma Juliet Pamela|
|Executive Committee :||Mrs.N.Krishna Priya
|Advisory Committee :||Dr.Mrs.Sujita Sangamitra
Action plan for Alumni Association Activities(2014-2015)
|1||Sep, 4th, 2014||Facilitate and encourage Alumni for allocating / raising funds.|
|2||Oct, 6th, 2014||Planned for a workshop on “How to identify a research problem” for M.Ed students by Ugin Rositta , Assistant Professor of Education, University of Madras.|
|3||Dec, 20th, 2014||A Panel Discussion for the Teacher Trainees on “TET Exam- Pros & Cons” by Resource persons from SMAA.|
|4||February||To conduct quiz programmes on “Current Issues in Education” for the B.Ed students.|
|5||March||Decided to conduct Inter-school competitions especially in schools where our graduate teachers are employed.|
|6||March – April||To conduct coaching classes for the M.Ed. students to attend the NET/SET exam.|
Activities of the Alumni Association
- Every year a general body meeting and two other meetings are conducted for future plans of the Association.
- Arranged periodical interactions with Alumni.
- Every year the new graduates enrole themselves as eye members of the Alumni Association.
- It conducted seminars on Social Themes.
- Organized workshop on “How to write Research Articles” for M.Ed students.
- Arranged panel discussion on Equity education with present students.
- Initiated seminars on various issues in education.
- Conducted coaching classes for M.Ed to attend NET/SLET exam.
- Raise funds for the colleges.
- The ex-students expertise and experience were focused on the present generation of future placements in the schools.
- The Association collaborates with the schools within the campus for remedial coaching, tuition and socially useful productive work.
- Organized colloquium on Right to Education Act.