Welcome to Stella Matutina College of Education
Located in Chennai, India, Stella Matutina College of Education, accredited with five star status, is affiliated to the University of Madras. It was established in July 1961 as a minority teacher training college. Stella Matutina College of Education acquired UGC recognition in June 1972. Stella Matutina College of Education, now in its fifth decade of academic initiatives, continues to be a leader in teacher education, research and community work
Msc., M.Phil., B.Ed., PGDCA,
M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Ed., Ph.D.,
Evolving the future in Teacher Preparation by celebrating tradition and heritage.
Stella Matutina College of Education will remain as one of the best Teacher Preparation Institutions at the National level, producing globally competent teachers, adopting scholastically superior curriculum and transacting the same through advanced technological means.
Objectivies of the Institution
- To provide Teacher Training in a Christian ambience following secular ideas and multi cultural perspectives ensuring equity and social justice for the cause of National Development.
- To train deserving women candidates to be teachers to lead their wards in scholastic skills in addition to spirituality, Justice, truth and love.
- To design curriculum at every level, in such a way that the trained are equipped to cause desirable changes in the community at large and particularly among the marginalized sections of the society and also in the field of education.
- To provide an environment of intellectual stimulation and moral rectitude in the young teacher trainees through which they could achieve greatness as Quality teachers, teacher educators, researchers in education, academic reformers and social catalysts.
- To provide all the logistics support necessary for the effective implementation of the curriculum and the realization of the institutional objectives.
- To evolve a participatory system of management that can ensure willing cooperation and involvement of the staff members in all the ventures of the institution.
The Values of the Institution
Spiritual vigour, value orientation, sensitization to social and environmental needs ,holistic outlook to life and commitment to the goals of national and educational policy are the hallmarks of the institution’s educational values imparted to the student trainees.